For downloads, guides, FAQs and ‘how-to ’ videos, click on the section you require below.
To download the Virtual Stick CAB file
- Create a folder in a known location on your PC
- Click download and choose to ‘Save’ the file to this known location
Save the CAB file on the Computer
- Firstly attach the PDA device to your computer and make sure that it has connected with the Windows Mobile Device Centre. When you open Computer or My PC (Windows 8 or 10) you should be able to view the device listed under Portable Devices as either ‘PDA’, ‘Windows CE’ or ‘WORKABOUTPRO’
- Navigate to the CAB files known location and right click and ‘copy’ the VirtualStickversion.CAB file. (To copy a file use CTRL C or right click on the file and select the Copy option)
- Next from the Computer / My PC menu locate and open the device and paste the CAB file in this location: Workaboutpro > \ > My Documents or WINDOWS CE > \ > My Documents or PDA > \ > My Documents
Install the CAB file on the device
- From the device go to File Explorer (Windows Mobile) or Windows Explorer(Windows CE) from the Start button or via Programs
- Open My Documents and locate the Virtual Stick CAB file checking that this is the correct version you have just saved
- Double click on Virtual Stick file and follow the on screen instructions to allow the Virtual Stick to be installed onto the Device
- An Installation message will appear on the screen to say that the previous version of the Virtual Stick will be removed before the new one is installed which you should agree to
- A message will prompt that the process has finished
Guides and manuals
To change the Scan Mode, select this option at the bottom of the ‘Read Tag’ screen.
- Single Read – to scan each tag individually using the ‘Scan Tag’ button. The Virtual Stick will automatically assign all readings to the current session.
- Assign to a Group – when a tag is scanned, you will be given the opportunity to assign it to a group within the current session. You can mark a particular group as the default from within this option as well as from the Setup Groups option.
- Continuous Read – this option will allow you to start scanning continuously against a number of tags. Click on ‘Scan Tag’ to start scanning and ‘Stop Reading’ to finish.
Compatible stick readers
The below stick readers are compatible with Farmplan (please note this may not include all models):
- Agrident stick reader (including AWR100)
- Allflex stick reader (including RS340 and RS420)
- Farmplan virtual stick (Psion/Workabout Pro)
- Gallagher stick reader (including HR3 but not the HR5)
- Shearwell stick reader (including SDL 400 and SDL 440)
- Syscan stick reader
- Trutest stick reader (including XRS, XRS2 and SRS2)
To select which stick reader you are importing tag records from please go to Tools, Options and Stick reader from within your program.
If you are looking to purchase a new stick reader and it is not listed above then please contact Farmplan prior to purchase.
Importing from a stick reader
Check that you have selected the correct model of stick reader within Tools > Options.
You can then read from the stick reader within the Select Animal screen when entering a movement/treatment/action by clicking Stick Reader and then Read Stick.
Connect to our LogMeIn service if asked to do so by the Farmplan support team.