To change the Scan Mode, select this option at the bottom of the ‘Read Tag’ screen.
- Single Read – to scan each tag individually using the ‘Scan Tag’ button. The Virtual Stick will automatically assign all readings to the current session.
- Assign to a Group – when a tag is scanned, you will be given the opportunity to assign it to a group within the current session. You can mark a particular group as the default from within this option as well as from the Setup Groups option.
- Continuous Read – this option will allow you to start scanning continuously against a number of tags. Click on ‘Scan Tag’ to start scanning and ‘Stop Reading’ to finish.
The below stick readers are compatible with Farmplan (please note this may not include all models):
- Agrident stick reader (including AWR100)
- Allflex stick reader (including RS340 and RS420)
- Farmplan virtual stick (Psion/Workabout Pro)
- Gallagher stick reader (including HR3 but not the HR5)
- Shearwell stick reader (including SDL 400 and SDL 440)
- Syscan stick reader
- Trutest stick reader (including XRS, XRS2 and SRS2)
To select which stick reader you are importing tag records from please go to Tools, Options and Stick reader from within your program.
If you are looking to purchase a new stick reader and it is not listed above then please contact Farmplan prior to purchase.
Importing from a stick reader
Check that you have selected the correct model of stick reader within Tools > Options.
You can then read from the stick reader within the Select Animal screen when entering a movement/treatment/action by clicking Stick Reader and then Read Stick.