Backing up data
New users – For more information about Property Manager read the Getting started and Enhancement guides. These can be found under the Guides & manuals tab. You will also find answers and useful information under the FAQs tab.
Existing users – For more information about this update please read the Enhancement guide carefully before updating. Before you start the installation process check that your licence is up to date and that you have taken a backup of your data. You will also need to make sure the program has been closed.
Windows 8 and Windows 10 operating systems only*
*Please note – Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft, meaning future versions of Property Manager will not install onto Windows 7 machines. Please contact Farmplan to discuss upgrading your PC if this is applicable.
Summary of changes
- Assignees -extra information against each assignee including telephone numbers and up to 5 additional fields
- Assignor – who has authorised a task/review it as well as who it has been assigned to
- Landlord/Estates – extra fields to add bank details/agents commission and a salutation name
- Tasks can now be sent to assignees via email and a task created in Outlook
- Tasks – additional field for reference number
- Tasks – can be repeated based on planned due date or completion date.
- Tenants – save time by copying the property address into the new tenant record
- Tenants – multiple contacts and multiple email addresses
- Sales invoices – different customisable layout from the rent demands if required
- Additional Items/Sales Invoices – Show opening and closing meter readings on sales invoices with up to 3 decimal places
- Demands – any anomalies within the date range are now marked with a code rather than a * , along with the date and amount of the next review
- Users – Export to Business Manager – can now be filtered by user
- Users – Filter batch emailing screen by user
A full list of enhancements can be found in the Help files in the program and during the download process.
Only show current information
The information available from the Events window can be filtered by a date range therefore showing only the information the operator requires
This setting is available in Tools then Options
The example belows shows that the operator has set the date range to look back over the last 7 days and forwards for the next 31 days
Turn Events window on/off
Installation and logging on
Operating systems (Windows and Apple information)
All our desktop programs need to be installed within a Windows environment (Windows 8 and Windows 10). Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft, meaning you will not be able to install onto Windows 7 machines.
Please contact Farmplan’s Hardware teams if you have any further queries on 01594 545022.
Licencing Farmplan software
Your software can be licenced by going to File and selecting Licence.
You will be given a new screen where you will have your details entered. Providing your Web Access Code has been entered, you can click Get Key followed by Register.
Your licence will then be updated. To allow Farmplan to update using this method you will need to be connected to the internet.
If you do not have a Web Access Code or internet connection please contact Farmplan.
Temporary VAT reduction on holiday accommodation
From 15 July 2020 until 12 January 2021, the UK government has changed the VAT from 20% to 5% on any eat-in or hot takeaway food and drinks from restaurants, cafes and pubs, excluding alcohol. This VAT reduction also applies to all holiday accommodation in hotels, B&Bs, campsites and caravan sites.
If this applies to any of your rent demands, remember to change the VAT status on any relevant rent demands from S (20%) to S1 (5%) by going to Tenancy – Edit Demand before you do the next rent demand run due on or after 15 July.
Email using Outlook 64
Reprint rent demands
Demands can be reprinted by clicking ‘Financial’, then ‘Transaction’. The demands can selected by using the filters to select information, such as specific dates and landlords
Click ‘Report’, ‘All Transactions’, then ‘Detailed Report’ followed by ‘Continue’. The demands can now be reprinted
My program is showing Demonstration Data, how do I access my data?
If your program is showing Demonstration Data you will need to go to File > Select Dataset within the program and click the drop down arrow (shown below in red) and select your own business before pressing Ok. This will then take you into your business.
If your data is on a Network please ensure you have access to the data location from outside the program.
View finished tenancies
In Tools / Options tick the Show Finished box to make them visible.