The has been a lot of news coverage recently regarding flawed computer chips that could possibly expose personal data to a security breach from hackers.
However, beyond the headlines there are several things to keep in mind:
- The vulnerability has been known about for several months
- It has been deliberately kept quiet so the precise information required to exploit the flaw is not yet in the hands of any potential hackers
- Operating system vendors are developing patches to protect against the vulnerability
What can you do?
Vendors are issuing updates to patch the vulnerabilities.
- Apple iPhones, iPads and Mac computers are all vulnerable to the major processor flaws but updates are already available and should be applied automatically
- Microsoft has already issued an update for Windows 10 and updates for Windows 7 and Windows 8 are set to follow a few days
Are you using BullGuard Antivirus?
- BullGuard is fully compatible and supports these Windows updates so no action is required from your side
- If the updates need to be applied manually and you forget to do so BullGuard will remind you
If you do not use BullGuard, our recommended antivirus product, then you should contact your antivirus provider and make sure it is fully compatible with the Windows patches and updates.
If you would like to talk to us about our recommended antivirus software, BullGuard, call the Farmplan Tech Team on 01594 545033 or email email@example.com