Farmplan is the UK’s leading provider of farm management software, including support, training and hardware services. We’re part of Proagrica, part of RELX Group, a global provider of independent connectivity and data-driven support solutions for the agriculture industry.
The software provides farmers with the tools they need to meet industry compliance requirements as well as providing performance management information to help them make more informed decisions to increase efficiencies. Our market leading programs focus on financial, crop and livestock management.
The primary purpose of this role is to work as part of a team to sell Farmplan solutions which meet customers’ needs, providing the highest value service to them. Members of the team are required to be proactive and flexible, working with and supporting the wider Regional Sales and Marketing Teams to develop new leads and marketing opportunities.
The Account Manager will join a busy and motivated team based in Ross on Wye dealing with first response sales enquiries generated via the website, marketing material, events and referrals.
- Generates new business through converting opportunities from marketing qualified leads and referrals
- Focused call outs utilising existing customer information and marketing data for new business/upsell
- Attendance at some regional shows and events will be required
- Build relationships with prospects and customers over the telephone
- Effectively sells to achieve targets including call rates, effective conversations and revenue
- Achieve revenue targets and KPI’s through combination of telephone/online activity
- Managing customer information and processing orders on our in-house Prospect CRM system
Key Skills Required:
- Negotiates effectively
- Able to sell successfully over the telephone
- People-orientated, excellent listening skills
- Able to build relationships over the telephone both internally and externally
- Acquire an effective knowledge of all Farmplan products
- Good time and organisational management
- PC Literate
- Sales related experience preferable
- An understanding of the agricultural sector is preferred but not required
We are asking a lot from our successful candidate. However, the benefits will be significant, as you would expect from a company like us. As well as having the opportunity to spend your working days with some great people:
- we’ll pay you a competitive salary
- we’ll contribute generously to your pension and allow you to take off almost 6 weeks’ holiday each year
- If 6 weeks is too much, you can sell some of the days. If it’s not enough, you can buy some days
- Use two of your working days to help a charity of your choice receiving full pay
- Opportunity to join our Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
The career prospects will be bright for the right person.
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI General Benefits Package:
– Pension Scheme
– 29 Days Holiday
– Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
– Life Insurance (4x salary)
– Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
– Competitive Salaries