Installing for the first time, reinstalling Gatekeeper on a new PC or after a re-installation of Windows? Please download the “Full Digital CD” below.
If using Chrome, please right click on this link and select Save link as.. you can then click ^ in the bottom left corner and Keep to download the file.
Reinstalling just the Gatekeeper program on the same PC with no changes to Microsoft SQL Server? Please download the “Program Installer”.
If using Chrome, please right click on this link and select Save link as.. you can then click ^ in the bottom left corner and Keep to download the file. For all other browsers please left click and follow the install instructions.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE BELOW BEFORE BEGINNING THE DOWNLOAD
Before Downloading Gatekeeper please ensure:
- All Windows updates are done
- Internet speed is above 2mb and stable
- You are running Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Windows 11 operating systems only
- Your computer meets our recommended spec
*Please note – Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 are no longer supported by Microsoft, meaning future versions of Gatekeeper will not install onto this operating system. Please contact Farmplan to discuss upgrading your PC if this is applicable.
Customers wishing to run Gatekeeper on a machine below the Recommended Spec shown above, should speak with Farmplan before proceeding.
To Download Gatekeeper
Click on the required button. This will begin the download process.
Once downloaded reboot your PC to ensure no updates are pending as this can cause the installation to fail.
Full digital CD
Once rebooted locate the file GK Setup.iso and right click on the file name, this will give you a “Mount” option or if Mount is not there hover over “Open With” and select “Windows Explorer”.
This will create a Virtual CD in your system with the Gatekeeper green square icon, open this then:
- Double click on the GK Setup.exe file with the green square icon next to it (Note there will be several other “GK setup” files, ignore these).
- Now three options will appear Typical, Custom and Complete. Chose Typical for the Standalone Edition (recommended for most users); Custom for Network Edition (Server and Client) or Standalone with specified location (Advanced) or Complete for all available versions (subject to licensing), this will require the most disk space.
The installation may take some time and may appear to have stopped, please leave at least 2 hours before contacting support as this SQL installation can take some time to complete.
This is not for reinstalling Gatekeeper on a computer that already has Gatekeeper installed and does not the full SQL download.
- Once rebooted locate the file GK Setup.exe
- Double click on the GK Setup.exe file with the green square icon next to it
- Follow the prompts until compete
If this is the first time you are installing Gatekeeper
Please have your Gatekeeper Licence to hand when logging in for the first time.
When you open the software you will be presented with a login window asking you to enter the following details:
- User Name: it is best to use your name as this name will be used throughout the program and will be printed on reports and work plans.
- Password: this is optional, but if you do enter a password make sure you keep it safe as this will be required every time you open Gatekeeper. The password is case sensitive.
- Access Code: enter the access code which has been supplied by Farmplan.
- Click Log On: this will open the ‘Synchronisation’ window. You just need to click Synchronise. The software will now use your internet connection to check your registration details and authorise your copy of Gatekeeper.
If you are moving to a new PC
- Make sure you have synced the old PC to back up the data. As a precaution set the backup location to Alternate and save a copy of your data to an external drive.
- On the logon window of the old PC click on Advanced and note down the User Name and Access Code.
- Contact support on 01594 545022 to get the licence cleared from the old PC.
- Logon to Gatekeeper on the new PC using the details you noted earlier.
- Gatekeeper will prompt you to Synchronise upon logon which will licence the software to the new computer and download your data IF you are data secure.
- The first synchronisation process will update the program and a second synchronisation will download any online databases.
If you are having problems please call Farmplan support on 01594 545022